Practically bumped my head on something I couldn’t possibly have bumped it on unless I was tall, and a witness, a girl asked me how tall I was. I said I rounded to 6’3″ and she answered that she didn’t think I was that tall. “I shrink because I’m mild-mannered” I said.
Getting a little distance on the exchange, I’m wondering if I gave away that I’m a superhero. Who else is ‘mild-mannered’ besides Clark Kent? Peter Parker? David Banner? Now that last one, The Incredible Hulk, may be more to the point. Because a grown man superhero must necessarily sour in his outlook when he realizes he doesn’t exist. He’s more liable to turn angry, and green, when he’s fed up with being mild-mannered.
No comments yet.
- The Spirit of Dennis Rader
- My Friend Dahmer
- Not Much to Say
- Only the Shadow Knows
- Jagged Breathing and All
- Talking Cows
- Colin Flaherty of ‘White Girl Bleed a Lot’
- What the Heck to Call This Thing, and
- I Can See Two Starbucks at the Same Time
- I Love Trolls
- I Ended Up Reading the Book Twice
- Coming Up With a Title– The MONSTROUS by WALKER Show