Neither Sense Nor Cents
“I hope I have enough sense” I said as I fished in my wallet for bus fare. Enough sense to have put tomorrow’s fare directly into my wallet upon receiving it as cash back yesterday for when I needed it today. But I didn’t and was twenty cents short, so I had to pay in full dollar bills, a thirty cent tip to the driver.
As the last one off the bus I inquired of the driver, “Do you have a quarter I could ‘borrow’?”
“Sorry”, the driver said.
This poor drunken lady who for all I knew may well have been the very sort to sleep on Arlo Guthrie’s floor, told me, “You owe me a quarter because I asked for one”.
Make that thirty cents.
No comments yet.
- The Spirit of Dennis Rader
- My Friend Dahmer
- Not Much to Say
- Only the Shadow Knows
- Jagged Breathing and All
- Talking Cows
- Colin Flaherty of ‘White Girl Bleed a Lot’
- What the Heck to Call This Thing, and
- I Can See Two Starbucks at the Same Time
- I Love Trolls
- I Ended Up Reading the Book Twice
- Coming Up With a Title– The MONSTROUS by WALKER Show