Shock doesn’t come with body count anymore or having sex with the dead, or in any case increased doses of the like cannot begin to keep pace with increased feelings of titillation on the part of readers. In fact, given our skewed literary world in which serial killers outnumber serial masturbators about infinity to one, tales of necrophilia and dismemberment are actually far more familiar than stories of say, attempting to penetrate one’s cat. You can shock the public more on a hundred times less if you remove the razzle-dazzle. Monstrous is so shocking it can make people bail if they’re not made of stern stuff.
No comments yet.
- The Spirit of Dennis Rader
- My Friend Dahmer
- Not Much to Say
- Only the Shadow Knows
- Jagged Breathing and All
- Talking Cows
- Colin Flaherty of ‘White Girl Bleed a Lot’
- What the Heck to Call This Thing, and
- I Can See Two Starbucks at the Same Time
- I Love Trolls
- I Ended Up Reading the Book Twice
- Coming Up With a Title– The MONSTROUS by WALKER Show